[Zope-dev] made zope.sqlalchemy work with SA 0.5beta1

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Jun 19 13:03:09 EDT 2008

Hi there,

I've made zope.sqlalchemy work with SQLAlchemy 0.5 beta 1, recently
released.

This involved:

* the 'transactional=True' argument has become 'autocommit=False'

* various accesses that the tests were doing to get query.table and such
didn't work anymore. I replaced them with direct accesses to the mapped
classes.

I've also added a CHANGES.txt and a CREDITS.txt, and made it so that the
CHANGES.txt information is also uploaded to the cheeseshop. We'll be
using the official guidelines for svn.zope.org management of this
package for version numbers, and I've made adjustments there too.

The official guidelines are only actually hosted on grok.zope.org to my
knowledge, and they're here:

http://grok.zope.org/documentation/how-to/releasing-software

All of this work is on a branch:

svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zope.sqlalchemy/branches/sqlalchemy-0.5-support

I'd like to merge the branch to the trunk as soon as possible, but I
need Laurence's "go" first. Laurence, any chance we'll be doing a
release for 0.4* from the trunk? Or we could delegate that work to a
maintenance branch (if necessary) and aim for SA 0.5 support on the
trunk now? Let me know and I'll merge the branch.

Regards,

Martijn