[Zope-dev] created z3c.saconfig

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Jun 19 14:51:17 EDT 2008

Hi there,

I'd like to announce my contribution for the expanding list of options
for SQLAlchemy integration for Zope 3.

I've just implemented a package called z3c.saconfig which implements a
utility-based way to set up SQLAlchemy's scoped session, as discussed
recently on this.

The package currently offers a way to configure SQLAlchemy sessions with
a utility. This allows SQLAlchemy sessions to potentially differ per
application. Currently if you would want to implement such utilities
you're still on your own, but I intend to add support for this soon.
Hermann

What is in there already is support for a global utility as discussed
with Brian Sutherland. I intend to add support for a local utility soon,
inspired by some code sent to me by Hermann Himmelbauer.

Anyway, the README.txt should explain more:

http://svn.zope.org/z3c.saconfig/trunk/src/z3c/saconfig/README.txt

Feedback is welcome!

Regards,

Martijn