[Zope-dev] ZPublisher XMLRPC decoding

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Thu Jun 26 04:31:22 EDT 2008

Hi,

the publisher normally converts the arguments given with a request into a
type that is easy to use. For example unicode conversion happens
automatically.

XMLRPC defines specific helper types to represent objects for the XMLRPC wire
protocol. Automatic conversion happens for all XMLRPC objects except DateTime.

Python 2.5 adds a flag to various functions that allows signalling whether
DateTime objects should conform to datetime.datetime objects which I think is
a good idea in general.

zope.publisher could be changed to do this even for Python 2.4 I guess.

Comments?

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com