[Zope-dev] zope.app.security 3.5.1 ZCML changes

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 13:17:55 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 12:33 PM, Stephan Richter
<srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> wrote:
> I did as you were aware of. :-)

I wasn't, because I didn't look.  Note also that I wasn't asking who;
I don't think that matters.

> The gopherlib module was there before, I just shut up the deprecation warning.

Using Python 2.4.4, I get a deprecation warning for *regex*.  So you
shut up the deprecation warning for Python 2.5 by introducing one for
Python 2.4.

> A deprecation warning was not issued until Python 2.5 though. How would I
> know?

About the gopherlib deprecation?  That wasn't deprecated until
recently; it was regex that was declared obsolete in 1.5, and 2.4
generates a deprecation warning.  I'll take it that you didn't test
your change with Python 2.4, which is still the supported Python for
Zope 3.4 (whatever that means).

> I am not sure why you would want a 3.5.2 release, since nothing breaks. I am
> all in favor removing this declaration for 3.6.0.

Because of the deprecation warning from the regex module.  Deprecation
warnings aren't breakages, but when running tests, they can make it a
lot harder to see real errors as the output is generated by the test
runner.  This is especially bad if you have a lot of separate
functional testing layers.

 -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake at gmail.com>