[Zope-dev] Character enconding problems in zope.formlib

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa celoserpa at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 15:20:09 EDT 2008

Hello,

I'm using zope.formlib to generate some HTML forms and I'm having some
issues with character enconding.

The schema is like the followng:

class IBoletoBancarioPaymentOptions( IPaymentProcessorOptions ):

    dias_de_prazo_para_pagamento  =  schema.Int(
                                               title = _(u"Nosso número"),
                                               required = True,
                                               description = _(u"Nosso
número"),
                                               default = 5,
                                               )

Note that I'm actually using the u thing before the string, however, even
so, the string is still incorrectly rendered.

The title and description strings get rendered like:

"Nosso número" (the ú char is not rendered correctly)

The browser is using UTF-8 enconding.

I should mention that I'm using Zope 3 formlib through Five in Plone 3.

How could I solve it? I have no idea where to start.

Thanks.