[Zope3-Users] Re: [Zope-dev] Zope 3 on Jython - Google Summer of Code

Georgy Berdyshev codingmaster at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 10:24:53 EDT 2008

Hello,

thanks for the replies!

The port of the C speed-ups is a really interesting thing,
but could be done if there is time left, as there are possibilities
to run those zope components without using the C speed-ups.

I have already heard that the Zope security proxies are a big
challange and that there are ways, to concentrate for example
on grok, which does not use it.

The bottom-up approach is a good thing, because Zope has
a huge amount of components. Some of the I would be interested
in are zope.inerface (ported at PyCon), zope.component, zope.publisher and some
of the xml and data structure parsing bits inside of Zope.

> Are there wsgi servers for jython?
There is a a WSGI server for jython: modjy
http://www.xhaus.com/modjy/

As Martjin mentioned, I will also be working on a report while
working on Summer of Code, to include the missing bits or parts
that could not be ported to Jython, giving a status update to Jython
and Zope about the missing bits.

Regards, Georgy