[Zope-dev] New key upload program

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri May 2 15:09:48 EDT 2008

As most of you probably know, the machine that is known by many names,
including mail.zope.org, svn.zope.org, cvs.zope.org, and
download.zope.org, died Tuesday morning. Thanks to the heroic efforts
of ZC operations staff, all of the services of the old machine were
restored onto a new faster machine with a modern operating system.
This was done by the end of Tuesday.

One service that didn't make it was the old key-upload application.
It used PHP libraries that we didn't want to move to the new box.
Also, this program was pretty lame because it used a text area rather
than a file upload to input keys. This led to lots of key mangling.
I've replaced this application with a micro-Zope application.  (This
would have been a Bobo application if Bobo still lived.  Bobo shall
rise again!)  The new application is available at:

   https://cvs.zope.org/upload-key.html

If you need to change your keys, that's what you should use.

For people who might want to become contributors,  I've tried to
create comprehensive yet concise set of instructions:

   http://www.zope.org/DevHome/Subversion/ImpatientPeoplesGuideToRequestingCommitPrivileges

Jim

--
Jim Fulton