[Zope-dev] catalog performance: query plan

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 09:33:10 EST 2008

On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 19:58, Roché Compaan <roche at upfrontsystems.co.za> wrote:
> Since I'm in full agreement that we need to fix indexes that are
> problematic, I started doing some benchmarks on the large data set that
> gave us so many headaches. It is probably not surprising that the more
> complex indexes are performing badly. DateRangeIndex, KeywordIndex and
> Plone's ExtendedPathIndex performed the worst. Below are some stats
> showing timings around the "apply_index" call in Catalog.py that was
> done while testing the application with real data:

ExtendedPathIndex doesn't need fixing, but we need to stop using it.
It's done to support navigation trees from the catalog, but navigation
should not be done via the same catalog as you do other things, but a
dedicated tool. That would simplify and speed things up a lot. But OK,
that's off-topic.

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64