[Zope-dev] zope.security and zope.location depend on each other

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 10:06:39 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 9:54 AM, Joachim König <him at online.de> wrote:
> This is only required at runtime, so this is not a (circular) build or
> install dependency,
> but as the NetBSD-pkgsrc build infrastructure wants to generate the
> .pyc/.pyo files
> at installation time, I still have a problem with that.

You should not be importing any of the Python files to generate the
.pyc/.pyo files at installation.  You should be using compileall.py
(from the Python installation) or something similar to create the
.pyc/.pyo files.

> So my question is: Is this circular dependency really needed or could it
> be avoided
> somehow? It at least looks a bit strange to me. Two components should
> not depend
> on each other, or am I missing something?

Hopefully it can be avoided, but this isn't a problem for .pyc/.pyo generation.

  -Fred