[Zope-dev] Zope 2.12 features

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Thu Oct 30 14:11:03 EDT 2008

On 30.10.2008 18:01 Uhr, Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 15:03, Hanno Schlichting<hannosch at hannosch.eu>  wrote:
>> - Reconsider getting rid of ZClasses
>
> +1
>
> I have some things I want to do when it coms to timezones, so I would
> like to mentally prepare me for about what release date we are talking
> about here, so I know when I have to do this. Could be a good xmas
> entertainment for example. :)

I think there is need for setting a release date right now - I know that
this a total contradiction to our former approach with time-based
releases. The current 2.11 codebase is pretty much in sync with the
latest Zope web-components. Since the Zope 2 development is in parts
driven by the Plone community and their needs, it does make sense
keeping the development in some way in sync with the Plone 4 release.
Not much to be added to the feature set as proposed by Hanno - except
a dedicated +1 for getting rid of ZClasses.

Andreas