[Zope-dev] Bounty for Breaking RestrictedPython?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Oct 31 13:15:38 EDT 2008

Alan Runyan wrote:
> So maybe we could crowd source the RestrictedPython problem?

I actually tried this at EPC this year: I was offering a beer for anyone
who could break out of the test environment and a bottle of champagne
for anyone who did so and provided a test and patch that fixed the problem.

The problem I set turned out to be unfair though, because of the
stinking pile that RestrictedPython is :-(

(ie: How python scripts use it doesn't have much to do with the
documented APIs *sigh)

The challenge did, however, attract some interest.
If framed correctly, this makes a great lightning talk and the 24hr
focus in a conference setting means people do tend to get invovled.

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk