[Zope-dev] SVN: z3c.pt/trunk/TODO.txt

Laurence Rowe l at lrowe.co.uk
Wed Sep 10 07:32:00 EDT 2008

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Malthe Borch wrote:
>>> It's not? How so?
>> If the element belongs to some namespace, then attributes from this
>> namespace should be native to it. But I couldn't find any
>> documentation to support that this is a strict requirement. Perhaps it
>> should be allowed, then.
>
> As far as I know in XML, attributes without an explicit namespace prefix
> are not in any namespace at all. Default namespaces don't apply to
> attributes.

I don't think  this is correct,
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/#scoping-defaulting

"""
A default namespace declaration applies to all unprefixed element names
within its scope. Default namespace declarations do not apply directly
to attribute names; the interpretation of unprefixed attributes is
determined by the element on which they appear.
"""

Laurence