[Zope-dev] lxml and z3c.form strategy?

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Tue Sep 16 08:23:17 EDT 2008

Hi Stephan, Malthe, Tres, Chris

> Betreff: Re: lxml and z3c.form strategy?
>
> On Monday 15 September 2008, Roger Ineichen wrote:
> > I decided after along night, trying to compile lxml on a
> windows box,
> > that we will not use lxml and lxml based packages like z3c.form,
> > z3c.template, z3c.macro etc at some of our windows servers.
>
> Well, we have to move forward. lxml is for me the defacto
> package for any XML processing. Nothing else makes much sense
> these days. So we better agree on a Windows story. As others
> have pointed out, 2.1.1 has a binary release; if we require
> 2.1.2 somewhere, then we should fix that. I think it is
> realistic to wait requiring a new version until the Windows
> binary exist.

Yes, that's all we need to do. z3c.pt must always work on windows
without any fallback if the windows lxml binary egg is not
available.

If we all agree on that, then I'm Ok with replace the PageTemplate
implementation with lxml.

Sorry about my bad mode, but I really get frustrated
after a day and night compiling lxml on windows;-)

> > We have to find a strategy to keep this packages free of lxml and
> > implement the z3c.pt support in this packages in a different way.
>
> -1

I see your point but,
I think it's nothing what we can vote for. If there is no windows
story then it's a "no go". I hope we all can agree on that.

Regards
Roger Ineichen