[Zope-dev] lxml and z3c.form strategy?

Hermann Himmelbauer dusty at qwer.tk
Tue Sep 16 09:50:36 EDT 2008

Am Dienstag 16 September 2008 14:46:41 schrieb Malthe Borch:
> 2008/9/16 Roger Ineichen <dev at projekt01.ch>:
> > I see your point but,
> > I think it's nothing what we can vote for. If there is no windows
> > story then it's a "no go". I hope we all can agree on that.
>
> I'm motivated to lose the hard lxml-dependency, too, because it's also
> difficult to compile it on Mac OS X; in most of my own projects I end
> up relying on lxml for other reasons and so need to build it anyway,
> but that's no reason to have a dependency in z3c.pt when it's not
> actually required.

I followed the discussion a little, and, although I'm currently not at all
affected by it, I had to struggle in the past quite often with such issues
and also had some compile-nightmares, so if it's possible I'd also vote to
remove dependencies of hard-to-compile packages.

Btw., I noticed that lxml is also used in the z3c.formdemo tests, perhaps this
is relevant, too?

Best Regards,
Hermann

hermann at qwer.tk
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7