[Zope-dev] mechanize buildout error

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Mon Sep 22 09:01:25 EDT 2008

Roger Ineichen, on 2008-09-16:
> Hi
>
> I've got the following error during mechanize buildout:
>
> %<--------------------
> Getting distribution for 'mechanize'.
> warning: no files found matching '0.1.0-changes.txt'
> no previously-included directories found matching 'docs-in-progress'
>   File "build\bdist.win32\egg\mechanize\_firefox3cookiejar.py", line 95
>     yield row
> SyntaxError: 'yield' not allowed in a 'try' block with a 'finally' clause
> Got mechanize 0.1.8.
> %<--------------------
>
> I think this is not comming from our zope repos, right?

Correct.

Martijn Faassen saw this earlier, and I commented on it in the
grok-dev list:

http://www.nabble.com/grokproject-buildout-problems-td19291140.html

The SyntaxError only happens with python 2.4.  And that part of the
code is only executed when you run it with python 2.5.  So I do not
think anything can be done about that.

The warning is from an error in MANIFEST.in.  Same for another line
you may have spotted:

  no previously-included directories found matching 'docs-in-progress'

I just contacted the author about that.

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/