[Zope-dev] Zope Source Code Repository

Gary Poster gary.poster at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 19:01:51 EDT 2009

On Apr 2, 2009, at 1:31 PM, Chris Withers wrote:

> Hey All,

> The other option would be to follow Python and move to Mercurial, but
> that has the same problems for me as with Bzr (no decent gui tools,
> less
> mature, etc) although it's a toolset I'll have to learn at some point
> anyway...

I'd like to report back on the progress that Bzr/Launchpad has made
addressing concerns we heard since I last brought up Canonical's offer
to host the code and contribute commercial support for the transition.

When I do that, I'll do it on zope-dev, assuming that Tres' statement
in this thread that we should discuss there is authoritative.  (I
thought the people on Foundations were the superset of people who
commit to the repo, but I guess I was mistaken.  Sorry for my
misunderstanding.)

However, I just got back from a long trip, and I'm going to spend some
time with my family.  I'll write something up to zope-dev tomorrow.

Gary