[Zope-dev] leaving zope.org to work...

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Apr 6 04:16:57 EDT 2009

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 17:23, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:
>> PyPI won't work for non-eggified products.
>
> Right, so they need to be eggified then, which is a Good Thing. :)
> I'm not saying they should be moved *now*. Just in the long run. If
> the product is still maintained and cared about, eggifying it and
> moving it to PyPI isn't that much work.
>
> The alternative is to make a new products directory on zope.org, which
> is of course completely possible.

Well, I know what Andreas is planning to do is moving the whole thing to
old.zope.org and then using rewrite rules to redirect any 404's from
www.zope.org to there.

That seems like a double win for me:

- old urls keep working

- no need to add a products sections on www.zope.org

I'm sure Andreas will correct me if I'm wrong when he gets back from his
holidays...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk