[Zope-dev] Zope Source Code Repository

Gary Poster gary.poster at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 16:31:59 EDT 2009

On Apr 6, 2009, at 9:28 AM, Chris Withers wrote:

> Gary Poster wrote:
>>> Sadly, I suspect none of the tools are as advanced as TortoiseSVN.
>>> Which
>>> is a real shame :-( Perforce maybe? ;-)
>> Fair enough that bzr didn't take your fancy, but FWIW, did you try
>> TortoiseBzr?  That has received love relatively recently.
>
> I'm looking at this:
>
> http://bazaar-vcs.org/TortoiseBzr/Screenshots
>
> Where's the visual diff?
> Where's the interactive log of revisions?
> Where's the repository browser?

FWIW, I don't know if TortoiseBzr has this.  I'd be surprised if it
didn't have these, especially the first two.  It would be cool if
someone with easy access to Windows were to check this out.
Otherwise, I'll give it a try eventually and report back myself.

(If it has these features, I'll try to figure out someone to ask to
get that page updated.)

> Does it work the same on Windows, Ubuntu and Mac OS?

(I assume you mean bzr vs.svn, rather than TortoiseBzr vs.
TortoiseSvn; AFAICT, Tortoise* is Windows only.)

Well, the EOL problem has been the only bzr kicker there.  That was
just addressed, spurred most recently in part because of the concerns
from the Zope community; I don't know if it is in 1.13 or the upcoming
1.14.  Other than that, I think bzr cares a fair amount about Windows
(and certainly about Ubuntu and Mac).

> http://tortoisesvn.net/image/tid/13 gives a fair idea of the kinds
> of things I'd need to feel compelled to change...

Right.  Looks nice enough.

Gary