[Zope-dev] naming Zope

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 20:46:02 EDT 2009

Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> To stir things up: I would like to suggest renumbering the next Zope 2
> release to Zope 4. That reflects the large refactoring that is being
> done to clean up the codebase and fully eggify Zope. There are enough
> changes to warrant a new major version bump.

-100 again. We need to stop confusing people!

The only way we could do this would be if we definitely, 100%,
with-an-axe killed off any notion of Zope 3 as an app server or
application development framework and told everyone "the thing you need
to be using if you like Zope, is this Zope thing that's basically Zope
2.14).

We won't do that.

Martin