[Zope-dev] Plone vs. Zope2 was: Re: naming Zope

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 00:25:59 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 05:34, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:

> Hanno Schlichting wrote:
>
>> The current line of thinking for Plone is about this: Plone 4 will still
>> run on Zope2. Plone 5 will run on Python 3.x and not depend on Zope2
>> anymore at all. We can all guesstimate on what kind of timeline that
>> will mean.
>
> There isn't going to *be* a Zope3 to run on.

Right. He didn't say that it would though. In this scenario, Plone
would be one of the platforms using the Zope Framework, like Grok and
BFG.

> Zope2 is the only game in town, as far as appservers go.

So neither Grok nor BFG exist? :-) I don't know how you are thinking here.

--
Lennart Regebro: Pythonista, Barista, Notsotrista.
http://regebro.wordpress.com/