[Zope-dev] naming Zope

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Apr 9 16:25:28 EDT 2009

Hey,

Joy, another naming discussion. Oh well, I started it. :)

Zope Toolkit is better name than Zope Framework. I'm fine with renaming
Zope Framework to Zope Toolkit if:

* someone goes and changes the name in:

   * the Zope Framework sphinx documentation in SVN

   * renames the SVN directory

   * renames the Zope Framework Steering Group to the Zope Toolkit
     Steering Group

   * bothers Jens to change the /zopeframework URL to zope toolkit.

   * updates the "story" website to talk about the Zope Toolkit, not the
the framework.

I.e. a great renaming action.

If nobody volunteers to do this (feel free to organize more volunteers),
we'll stick with Zope Framework.

Let me know if you're going to do this and when you're done.

Regards,

Martijn