[Zope-dev] Don't have "Zope 2" hard-specify its versions!

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Sat Apr 11 07:12:25 EDT 2009

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Tres has earlier proposed a meta egg to represent "versions.cfg" in
> a setuptools only (non buildout) environment.
>
> A meta egg is an egg that only list dependencies and does not contain
> code of its own.

Indeed, so we'd need 2 eggs for Zope 2 :-(

Something I bumped into recently:

If the Zope 2 egg actually hard-specifies its dependencies, how do I
upgrade any of those dependencies to newer versions that fix bugs i may
have encountered/fixed?

With buildout-only, it's easy, just override the versions in the
versions section of the topmost buildout.cfg.

How would this be done if the Zope 2 egg or meta-egg hard-specifies the
versions?

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk