[Zope-dev] Zope 2.12 from buildout with no funky recipes: success!

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 02:17:22 EDT 2009

Chris Withers wrote:
>> I've attached the buildout.cfg, zope.conf.in and zeo.conf.in I've been
>> using to this message.
>
> *sigh*, lets try that again...
>
> I should also point out that, until a new Zope2 egg is released, you'll
> need to have a Zope 2 trunk checkout as a develop egg (called Zope in
> the attached buildout.cfg) in order for the control scripts generated to
> work.

Your buildout is missing the [test] part. I got it working with this
buildout:

[buildout]
parts = zeo zeo.conf instance zope.conf test
extends =
http://svn.zope.org/*checkout*/Zope/tags/2.12.0a1/versions-zope2.cfg
versions = versions
zeo_address = 127.0.0.1:2000
develop = src/Zope2

[versions]
Zope2 =

[zeo]
recipe = zc.recipe.egg
interpreter = py
eggs =
    ZODB3
entry-points=
    runzeo=ZEO.runzeo:main
    zeoctl=ZEO.zeoctl:main
scripts = runzeo zeoctl
initialization =
    import sys
    sys.argv[1:1] = ['-C','${buildout:directory}/etc/zeo.conf']

[instance]
recipe = zc.recipe.egg
interpreter = py
eggs =
    zope2
entry-points=
    runzope=Zope2.Startup.run:run
    zopectl=Zope2.Startup.zopectl:main
scripts = runzope zopectl
initialization =
    import sys
    sys.argv[1:1] = ['-C','${buildout:directory}/etc/zope.conf']

[zeo.conf]
recipe = collective.recipe.template
input = etc/zeo.conf.in
output = etc/zeo.conf

[zope.conf]
recipe = collective.recipe.template
input = etc/zope.conf.in
output = etc/zope.conf

[test]
recipe = zc.recipe.testrunner
eggs = ${instance:eggs}
defaults = ['-v', '--exit-with-status', '--auto-color', '--auto-progress']

I also had to create the log and var directories.

Martin