[Zope-dev] who wants to maintain the Zope 3 ZMI?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Apr 15 03:37:33 EDT 2009

Hey,

Yusei TAHARA wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 18:34:47 +0200
> Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
>
>> So, who finds the Zope 3 ZMI useful? What parts of it do you find
>> useful? Are you interested in helping maintain it?
>
> For me, the ZMI is useful to managing local components, security settings,
> making views for ad hoc changes etc. I think it could be an optional package
> like grokui.admin. I'm interested in maintenance it.

Great!

Perhaps one way to make the ZMI and optional package is to aggregate the
relevant ZMI code into a smaller amount of packages (or a single
package), for instance zmi.core. The benefit of doing that is that it
should be possible to evolve the code slowly. You could still support
the zope.app.* packages compatibility by putting imports from
zope.app.something.browser to zmi.core.

Alternatively someone could write something from scratch, but that might
need longer waiting.

Regards,

Martijn