[Zope-dev] Zope 2.12: versions thingy in Control_Panel

Hanno Schlichting hannosch at hannosch.eu
Wed Apr 15 19:09:49 EDT 2009

Chris Withers wrote:
> A little gotcha in 2.12 is that, because Versions are now gone, you get
> some weird errors when you try and view the ZMI using an older Data.fs.
>
> The following fixed it for me:
>
>  >>> cp = app.Control_Panel
>  >>> cp._objects = tuple([i for i in app._objects if
>                           i['id']!='Versions'])
>  >>> import transaction
>  >>> transaction.get().commit()

I think we don't have anything like zope.app.generations for Zope2 do
we? IIRC we added code to catch and inline-migrate these things so far
(I'm thinking about some ZCatalog changes from a while back).

So the way to handle this would be to add some code to the part of the
Zope startup code that creates the Control_Panel to always check for
"Versions" in there and remove it when found, correct?

Hanno