[Zope-dev] People in the "Zope 3" and "ZMI" teams

Fabio Tranchitella kobold at kobold.it
Fri Apr 17 07:09:05 EDT 2009

Hello there,

* 2009-04-16 09:44, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Just so we don't lose track of who are interested in maintaining Zope 3
> (and/or the ZMI). I've distilled the following list of people who are
> interested in helping maintain Zope 3. This might mean making sure
> existing apps work, maintaining or replacing the ZMI, and working on
> making sure installation works. We can work out these details over time.

I've just checked out that the domain zope3.org is not owned by the Zope
Corporation. Do you have any idea about it? Would it be possible to claim
it back?

I'm thinking about taking over maintenance of zope3 in the wider term (not
only maintaining the code, but also the community around it).

To be honest, zope3 (as it is today) is a nice platform for me and for my
company to build web applications (and, in general, the ZCA is a nice
platform for building not-only-web applications), and it would be a shame
to loose it.

To make explicit: I am not talking just about maintaining the ZMI, I'm
talking about making zope3 a *real* user-friendly web framework, as (for
example) grok is already right now.

Thanks.

--
Fabio Tranchitella                         http://www.kobold.it