[Zope-dev] Defining Zope 3.

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Apr 20 03:27:28 EDT 2009

Jonathan (dev101) wrote:
> How about starting with "Zope 3 Toolkit" and then moving to "Zope Toolkit"
> after a year or so.

I'll repeat it again: the Zope Toolkit is not intended to fulfill the
same role as Zope 3. You imply something like that here. I know that the
Zope Toolkit isn't the same as Zope 3 as that's how I designed it to be.
  It'd underlying Zope 3 just like it's underlying Grok and Zope 2.
These are not at all different from each other in the relationship to
the toolkit.

It seems to be a terribly hard message to get across. I don't know
whether that's a flaw in the message or inertia in the community, but
whatever it is, we need to take it into account in our communication.

Regards,

Martijn