[Zope-dev] Zope 2.12.0a4 easy_installable - please test

Behrang Dadsetan bdadsetan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 08:20:15 EDT 2009

Hi,

2009/4/24 Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com>:
[snip]
>> Only one comment:
>>  during the 10 minutes installation procedure, it is nice it shows
>> the progress of installing eggs but some of the warnings will probably
>> be quite frightening to a Zope2 newcomer.
>
> *shrug* there are only the compilation warnings within the Zope 2 package
> itself.

Yes but it does not get uglier does it? :) Output to the console
whether as part of the installer or running the app should still
ideally be something people should read (and then ignore if they feel
it does not affect them).

In this case, I feel it just gives a bad first impression of the
software. Thankfully it comes early so if the new user runs the
command and goes and gets the coffee it will quickly disappear :)

>> In particular, what could improve the first-time experience for the
>> python developers you are targetting is avoiding the warnings you get
>> from Zope2-2.12.0a4/setup.py -q bdist_egg.
>
> Patches welcome :)

Yes I know I am commenting without action on this one. But you asked
for comments! ;)

I actually intend to provide patches to the grok related packages to
remove as many of these warnings as possible. But frankly even that is
not on my schedule for today or tomorrow. I am afraid I will not have
time to look into that Zope2 one.

Regards,
Ben.