[Zope-dev] dropping Python 2.4 support in the Zope Toolkit?

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 11:07:38 EDT 2009

Andreas Jung wrote:

> What would be disappointing?

To be unable to use new packages from an updated Zope Toolkit.

It may be that some (many?) packages won't work with Zope 2.10, but if
we get the kind of dependency isolation we're talking about, I'd wager
that quite a few packages would work if pulled in independently.

It's also generally silly to break compatibility with a platform if
there's not a compelling reason to do so. I suspect there may be
compelling reasons, but the TAR file issue isn't one of them.

Martin