[Zope-dev] zope.index 3.5.2 broken

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Sun Aug 2 17:23:16 EDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 10:41 PM, Chris McDonough<chrism at plope.com> wrote:
> That said, why does Zope 2.1.2 use the zope.index textindex?  The Zope 2
> implementation is still very superior.

The current policy for the test runs is to test both all direct
dependencies and all transitive dependencies including all test
dependencies on all levels. We have spent quite some time reducing the
"real" dependencies already, but the test dependencies are still in a
somewhat worse state.

So in this case zope.app.zptpage has a code dependency on zope.index.
And zope.app.zptpage is a test dependency of a number of packages,
including zope.traversing, zope.app.exception and
zope.app.publication.

I think it might be time to remove the test extras again for "reusable
zope.*" packages and declare them as real dependencies. This would
allow us to actually see them more easily and get truly embarrassed -
a good way of spurring motivation to fix the mess ;-)

Hanno