[Zope-dev] List of packages in ZTK

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Aug 6 12:26:14 EDT 2009

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> 2009/7/5 Stephan Richter <srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu>:
>> To be honest, I am very disappointed by this list. It is totally meaningless
>> to me since it does not represent any list with which I can build even a
>> fairly simple application today. There is not a single z3c package in there.
>
> As I understand it, ZTK is not meant to build applications on. It's
> meant to build application servers on. ZTK is supposed to be tha base
> on which we build things like Grok, Plone, and yes, Zope 3.
>
>> Anyways, if the ZTK does not become more comprehensive, I will keep developing
>> the list that is now in zope.release (aka Zope 3.5.0dev).
>
> I sure hope you will!

Agreed. The ZTK is pulled into one direction or another (is it a renamed
and refocused Zope 3? or is it a framework construction kit? or a set of
libraries we can build other libraries on?).

I think in general frameworks like Zope 2, Grok and
whatever-Stephan's-appserver-is-named should lock down quite a bit more
than what's in the ZTK itself. It's just that the ZTK process itself
doesn't manage these packages.

Regards,

Martijn