[Zope-dev] Simplifying dependencies of zope.app.publisher

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Thu Aug 6 16:39:57 EDT 2009

Fabio Tranchitella wrote:
> My knowledge of the zope.publisher is too limited to do any change in this
> area, but to me it looks like these configurations (both of them) should be
> perfomed by zope.app.publisher (removing the dependency zope.container ->
> zope.publisher), but conditionally (zcml:condition) only if zope.container
> is installed, (removing the dependency zope.app.publisher ->
> zope.container).

I'm hoping Jim will soon take charge of zope.publisher, zope.traversing,
zope.container, and zope.app.publisher, because he seems to be the only
one who knows how they are supposed to be related.  For example, which
packages should be aware of XML-RPC?  I would guess that none of them
should have any notion of XML-RPC, and that there should be a
"zope.xmlrpc" package, but my confidence in that guess is very low.

Shane