[Zope-dev] KGS trunk without failures

Wolfgang Schnerring ws at gocept.com
Fri Aug 7 07:14:40 EDT 2009

* Fabio Tranchitella <kobold at kobold.it> [2009-08-07 11:46]:
> * 2009-08-07 11:42, Wolfgang Schnerring wrote:
>   http://svn.zope.org/*checkout*/zope.release/trunk/releases/controlled-packages.cfg
> IMHO the KGS testing should be done using the controlled-packages.cfg and
> not versions, because some of the packages in the KGS are marked as not to
> be tested.

If controlled-packages.cfg is to be the authoritative represenation of
the KGS (and maybe it should be, since it contains more information than
versions.cfg) then I'd probably wish for a buildout recipe that can pin
versions based on that data format, because I much prefer less moving
parts.

In other words, I would very much like a single gesture to tell buildout
"use this KGS": extends=something-or-other.cfg. The rest should Just Work(tm).

- Less "compiling". Having to explicitly regenerate versions.cfg feels
  superfluous
- While developing something, you probably want to change the KGS from
  the official one to a local one, having to remember to change both
  the versions.cfg and the packages.cfg for the compattests is error prone.

>> Regarding the KGS, I have a question: Where is the current KGS and how
>> do we update it? By "where is" I mean the location of the versions.cfg,
>
> AFAICK, It can be built from zope.release.

Right. But it's not publicly accessible. (And uploading to say
download.zope.org is restricted to people with access there)
But if versions.cfg is not to be the authoritative
representation of the KGS then my point here is moot.

Wolfgang