[Zope-dev] Move implementation of getParent to zope.location?

Thomas Lotze thomas at thomas-lotze.de
Wed Aug 12 03:26:53 EDT 2009

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> One question to ask is whether getParent and getParents are used all over
> the place or just by zope.traversing. If they're only used by
> zope.traversing we might not want to move them to a more general place,
> but perhaps we can even see about removing them.

getParent is used by a number of zope.app.* packages (apidoc, container,
dependable, onlinehelp, preference, rotterdam, pythonpage, workflow). Its
only other occurrence is in zope.traversing where it is defined, but not
used.

getParents is used by zope.app.* packages as well (rotterdam, tree,
workflow) and definitions of it occur in zope.location and
zope.traversing, where it isn't used either, though.

Seeing this now, I agree to removing the functions provided nobody objects
against removing parts of the API that might be depended on by client code
out there. (Both functions are actually exported by zope.traversing.api.)

--
Thomas