[Zope-dev] Zope 2.12: mkzopeinstance, runzope and zopectl - a small proposal

Jonas Meurer jonas at freesources.org
Fri Aug 14 12:30:07 EDT 2009

On 14/08/2009 Chris Withers wrote:
> >> I wish we could just bless buildout as "the way" to set up Zope 2.12,
> >> then mkzopeinstance becomes moot.
> >
> > Not everybody agrees with that. But nevertheless, both approaches can
> > learn from each other and become more similar.
>
> Are you one of the people who doesn't agree? If so, what's your problem
> with buildout? Hopefully we can sort that rather than having to maintain
> two ways of doing things...

zope2 releases based on buildout make it very hard for distributors to
package zope2. especially as zope2 requires
from what i know about buildout (and that's not much), it either requires
a working internet connection or a local mirror with exact versions of
all required python eggs.

i would highly appreciate a final release tarball which includes all
required python library/module eggs.

greetings,
 jonas