[Zope-dev] Zope 2.12: mkzopeinstance, runzope and zopectl - a small proposal

Jonas Meurer jonas at freesources.org
Sat Aug 15 16:59:53 EDT 2009

On 14/08/2009 Jim Fulton wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Jonas Meurer<jonas at freesources.org> wrote:
> > zope2 releases based on buildout make it very hard for distributors to
> > package zope2. especially as zope2 requires
> > from what i know about buildout (and that's not much), it either requires
> > a working internet connection or a local mirror with exact versions of
> > all required python eggs.
> >
> > i would highly appreciate a final release tarball which includes all
> > required python library/module eggs.
>
> This ought to be easy using zc.sourcerelease.  We (zc) use it to make
> self-contained tar balls from which we build rpms.

yes, thanks for suggesting that. i don't know much about buildout, and
didn't give zc.sourcerelease a try yet, but i'll take a look at it. are
the scripts you use to make self-contained tar balls and maybe even the
build scripts for rpms available somewhere? i guess they would be of
great help for me to understand how zc.sourcerelease works.

greetings,
 jonas