[Zope-dev] testing everything

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Wed Aug 19 11:08:43 EDT 2009

On 2009-08-19, Hanno Schlichting <hanno at hannosch.eu> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 10:40 AM, Reinout van Rees<reinout at vanrees.org> wrote:
>
>> I *did* get a bit scared of all the errors you get in zope.app.* packages.
>> But that's apparently a known problem (and something that can be suppressed
>> by the exclude parameter).
>
> The main intent for the exclude argument is to exclude packages which
> cannot be tested either from their shipped distribution or are not
> zope.testing compatible like pytz, Paste, WebOb or similar.
>
> If there's failures in zope.app these should be fixed ;)

Yep.  There was a some discussion here about that (in a thread about running
all tests on the ZTK iirc) that the combination of tests was in a sad state.
jdriessen suggested that might be something to sort out partially at the
upcoming grok sprint.

>> What do you think about adding defaults for the eggs and test-script
>> parameters?  Defaulting them ${test:eggs} and bin/test is probably enough in
>> 99% of the cases.  If you're OK with that I'll try it in a branch.
>
> Reinout made a branch and these changes are soon available in a new release.

Yep, they're released.  Thanks!

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org