[Zope-dev] zope.publisher 3.5 branch has code/behavior not a part of subsequent releases

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Mon Aug 24 18:02:06 EDT 2009

Hi Tres

> Betreff: Re: [Zope-dev] zope.publisher 3.5 branch has
> code/behavior not a part of subsequent releases

[...]

> > If I were not already behind, I would investigate to understand the
> > Python 2.6 problem better and see what other frameworks are doing
> > here.  I understand from conversations with other engineers that at
> > least some Django developers are accustomed to always
> having access to
> > the query string on the request object, whether the method
> were get or
> > post or whatever else.
>
> It is *essential* for correct operation that QUERY_STRING
> values *not* be admixed with POSTed form values.  I don't
> really care how we resolve your issue, as long as we do not
> end up in a case where the values in the query string get
> mingled into the form data:  for instance, we could hand a
> QUERY_STRING-free copy of the environment to the
> cgi.FieldStorage machinery.

As far as I understand, you are saying that it is essential
that posted data and a query string should be separated
for processing in python libraries e.g. FieldStorage or so.

But this doesn't mean both values could not end in the
request.form dict right?

> Whatever gets done needs to leave the existing test in place::
>
>    self.assertEqual(dict(request.form), dict(x='1', y='2'))
>
> for a request whose QUERY_STRING was 'a=5&b:int=6', but which
> posted the 'x' and 'y' values.

Was this supported before your changes? Is this a new feature
you decided to add? What's the reason for this? Can you point
me to more infos?

Regards
Roger Ineichen