[Zope-dev] Proposal: zope.app.publisher refactoring

Michael Howitz mh at gocept.com
Tue Aug 25 02:26:00 EDT 2009

Am 24.08.2009 um 19:02 schrieb Dan Korostelev:
> 2009/8/22 Michael Howitz <mh at gocept.com>:
>> Am 21.08.2009 um 21:06 schrieb Dan Korostelev:
[...]
>> z3c.layer.pagelet also uses these interfaces to re-implement login/
>> logout
>> like zope.app.security but by using pagelets and viewlets.
>> So it would be nice to have a better place for these interfaces, so
>> z3c.layer.pagelet does not need to depend on zope.app.security.
>
> Are these interfaces used for anything else than just declaring them
> as implemented? :-) I don't see much sense in them, because they are
> too abstract and it's hard to understand what they are for, so I'd get
> just rid of them in z3c.layer.pegelet.

I looked a bit into the code of z3c.layer.pagelet and it seems that
you are right.
Only the ILogin interface is used there. (The ILogout interface is the
one from zope.authentication which seems to be semantically different
from the one in zope.app.publisher.interfaces.http.)
Although it is a bad idea to copy interfaces, z3c.layer.pagelet could
reinvent ILogin if it is really needed.

Yours sincerely,
--
Michael Howitz · mh at gocept.com · software developer