[Zope-dev] Proposal: zope.app.publisher refactoring

Dan Korostelev nadako at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 13:13:50 EDT 2009

2009/8/25 Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com>:

> You have zope.browsermenu, zope.browserpage, zope.browserresource. I
> propose instead we name them zope.menu, zope.page and zope.resource.

-1 These things are really only for browser, and ZCML directives are
in "browser" namespace, while, for example, "zope.resource" is a quite
abstract name that could be taken by more appropriate package in
future.

> I think we can safely claim these names in the 'zope' namespace as
> these *are* the Zope Toolkit menu, page and resource
> implementations.

I'm not sure if they are "reusable without having to buy into the rest
of the Zope Toolkit". Currently these packages have a note that they
are not reusable, as recommended in steering group decisions list,
because they depend on the publishing system, which is a really large
part.

--
WBR, Dan Korostelev