[Zope-dev] SVN: Sandbox/nadako/zope.app.publisher/ Clean up dependencies.

Dan Korostelev nadako at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 17:02:36 EDT 2009

2009/8/27 Stephan Richter <srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu>:
> On Thursday 27 August 2009, Hanno Schlichting wrote:
>> To make every policy happy, some new 3.9 release of zope.container and
>> some re-releasing of a no-API-changes 3.8.4 release would be required
>> - quite tedious and not worth it IMHO ;-)
>
> I disagree. Somebody did a mistake and should try to fix it. If we keep
> slipping in minor versions in setup.py, we will eventually bring development
> to a halt again.

Well, I thinked about that, but it was hard to choose the right way.
zope.container 3.8.3 doesn't really have any API changes, the only
thing that was changed is that two zcml adapter registration was added
to configure.zcml (and those adapters were are already in
zope.container). No python changes, no dependency changes. Does it
really worth a new "feature release"? New zope.app.publisher needs
this adapter registration for its functional tests though, so it won't
work with older zope.container versions.

Should I release zope.container 3.9.0 and then zope.app.publisher
3.10.0 only because of that thing? (note that it's only a test
dependency requirement)

--
WBR, Dan Korostelev