[Zope-dev] Get rid of doctest.py in zope.testing? (Was: Bootstrapping ZCA for Python 3.)

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 06:29:24 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 23:20, Lennart Regebro <regebro at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, I'm going to try to remove doctest.py from my branch

Done. There are two tests that still fail under Python 2.x:

unicode.txt:

"There was another unicode bug. When a function returned unicode some internal
state switched. This broke any further test not returning unicode but a plain
string with unicode characters. Make sure this works now::"

Well, it doesn't.

testrunner-repeat.txt:

The second repetition of the test fails, it seems all local variables
suddenly are gone. Loads of "NameError: name 'x' is not defined". No
idea how that happened.

I assume these are errors fixed in zope.testings copy of doctest, but
never in stdlib. Maybe Jim knows?

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64