[Zope-dev] Interfaces vs ZCA concepts

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 08:42:35 EST 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 02:53, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:
> I have checked in a branch which makes failed adaptation (inside the
> __call__ of an interface) raise a LookupError instead of a TypeError:
> the branch also documents the semantics of __call__.  I would like to
> merge this to the trunk a 3.6.0 version (bumped to indicate the
> quasi-API change).

I'm +-0 on the change, but don't think it's a quasi-API change, but a
proper API-change. If we do it, would it be a better idea to do it
together with all other API changes that are planned, and call it 4.0?
The Python 3 branch is ready for merging, and I personally think that
although it's completely backwards compatible the changes are big
enough, and the addition of @implementor as a class decorator is yet
another API-change.

I'd love to see the Python 3 branch, the adapt()/utility() and
possibly this change all go into a new release. zope.testing is also
big enough change to warrant a 4.0, as I have removed
zope.testing.doctest. Maybe all Python 3 compatible releases shuld be
called 4.0? Or will this confuse people?

--
Lennart Regebro: http://regebro.wordpress.com/
Python 3 Porting: http://python-incompatibility.googlecode.com/