[Zope-dev] A summary of "Interfaces vs ZCA concepts"

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leorochael at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 12:34:12 EST 2009

We've been through this option recently already. It has been quickly
shot down by those who want interfaces to get the new behaviour
immediately available in existing interfaces, instead of having to
rewrite already existing interfaces to support the new API.

Painful memories of a time when we had 2 interface implementations
come to mind. Though in this case, with z.c.Interface extending
z.i.Interface, we probably wouldn't have so much backward
compatibility issues as we had before: the new API would just not be
available in non migrated code, and old code could treat
z.c.Interfaces just like z.i.Interfaces.