[Zope-dev] zope.testing.doctestunit and BBB

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 16:27:01 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 22:23, Marius Gedminas <marius at gedmin.as> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 07:41:24PM +0100, Lennart Regebro wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 13:20, Marius Gedminas <marius at gedmin.as> wrote:
>> > Can you please make it a PendingDeprecationWarning first?
>>
>> Yeah, I guess, but why?
>
> Because I hate it when my code emits DeprecationWarnings, and I wasn't
> sure I could throw a switch and migrate to stdlib's doctest.py today
> without extensive tests/preparation.
>
> Key word being "wasn't".
>
> I migrated my codebase to use stdlib's doctest.py today, and nothing
> broke, to my surprise.  Even coverage support continues to work fine (at
> some point just having 'import doctest' could make bin/test --coverage
> forget about half the code it's seen).
>
> So, I'm fine with a DeprecationWarning.

Good to hear. I thought they should work, the differences are mostly
in output formatting and such.

I added the imports back, and also some deprecation warnings, although
I'm not sure how to best add them, so I just stuck them in the
modules, so the first import will raise a warning. A new release would
be great, I guess. Christian, what do you say?

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64