[Zope-dev] Zope 3.4 and the way forward

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Tue Dec 29 18:07:39 EST 2009

So, what's the way forward for existing Zope 3.4 (KGS) users?

Rewrite our apps so we don't depend on anything in zope.app and switch
to the ZTK?

Band together and release a Zope 3.5 KGS, which would be a strict
superset of the ZTK 1.0?

Band together and release a ZopeApp 1.0 KGS which would be a strict
superset of the ZTK 1.0?  (In which case, why not call it Zope 3.5 KGS?)

Forget all this open-source sharing stuff and maintain our own separate
versions.cfg files with ad-hoc version mixes?

Personally, I'd prefer option 1 (if there were docs to tell me what to
do to get rid of zope.app, which is implausible) or option 2.

Marius Gedminas