[Zope-dev] "zope3docs"

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Mon Feb 2 11:49:39 EST 2009

Hi,

I've created a project in SVN labelled "zope3docs" and thought I'd let
you know what I intend to start doing there.

On the sprint last week we came to the conclusion that the current
state how Zope 3 and its development process are documented is
inadequate: documentation is scattered over many places, none of which
can be referred to as "canonical" or "official" as they are (or at
least seem) mostly outdated.

I started to gather the existing material on how our development
process works (including my memory) and try to combine it into a
coherent whole without having the distractions of the cruft in the
various old places. I also try hard to stay out of the tool business. ;)

My short-term goal is to produce a document that I can pass to new
developers with reasonable confidence that they know roughly how to
move in our community.

In the long term I'd also like to incorporate documentation about Zope
3 components themselve there.

I'd be happy to get feedback on this and I'll probably come up with
some questions if I can't find an answer in the existing documents.

Christian

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com