[Zope-dev] SVN: zope.app.component/trunk/ Please, don't just remove things that could be used in users code.

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Feb 6 07:28:27 EST 2009

Hi there,

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Dan Korostelev <nadako at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> For ZODB objects I think its okay for now not to use deprecations and
> to use the upgrade tool, but for the imports of other things that were
> moved elsewhere, I still think we need to bug developers that they
> need to upgrade their code with deprecation warnings, so we can
> eventually remove old imports.

The new test runner can give such warnings for many indirect imports
(for classes and functions, but not for instances).

I also think that we should highlight the importance of documentation
and communication for deprecation. Any tool is not a substitute for
communication about changes.

Regards,

Martijn