[Zope-dev] z3c.form 2.0

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Mon Feb 9 20:19:48 EST 2009

On Monday 09 February 2009, Dan Korostelev wrote:
> FileWidget - It doesn't clear the bytes value if no new file is
> uploaded now, which is nice. But there's also should be a way to clear
> current value if the field is not required. I've added that to the
> TODOS.txt. I think that should be done before release to make the
> widget actually functional out of box.

Since this feature has not been there before, I can live without it for the
2.0 release.

> MultiWidget - Probably needs some review as it does the updateWidgets
> thing on "value" property setting, which seems fishy to me.

Me too. :-) Roger, could you comment on this? Or Adam?

> It works
> however. I've added the check for min_length and max_length and
> conditional buttons in the browser version. One thing I'd like to see
> is that it generate a default number of input rows based on field's
> minimal length if there's any. Also, another thing that would be nice
> is to have a way to reorder values for orderable fields. However this
> can wait for next release. I've added that to the TODOS.txt.

Nice to have, but not necessary. ;-)

> ObjectWidget/ObjectMultiWidget - ??? I didn't checked that out, so it
> would be nice if its author reviewied it and wrote here about its
> status.

Adam? I'll note that we use that code heavily at Keas, so at least for that
limited exposure it seems fine.

> Source support - Seems to work fine. I've checked that out in my
> sandbox instance with zc.sourcefactory's context-less and
> context-based sources.

That's great to hear.

> However, there was some backward-incompatible
> refactorings (class renames) done to sequence data converters that
> breaks the z3c.pt benchmarking suite. This may also break end-users'
> code so we probably want to fix the compatibility.

Yeah, let's fix that.

> z3c.pt support - ??? I don't use the z3c.pt myself, so I didn't really
> checked that out. As I said before, the benchmarking suite is borked.
> Also, there's a strange bug with macros (see below). Also, we need to
> migrate to z3c.ptcompat instead of z3c.pt.compat (UPDATE: the merge
> was done while I was writing this).

Malthe, do you have some time to look into this?

> Tests - All are passing.

Clearly, all testsshould be passing. In addition, I would really like to see
100% test coverage after taking the false positives into consideration.

> Translations - I've updated the template and the russian translation
> to be complete. I don't expect any msgid changes, so I think
> translators should review their translations and commit them right now

If translations are not updated until the next release, 2.1.0 or 2.0.1, that's
fine with me.

> Also, I wanted to add browser widget attributes like "klass" or
> "onclick" to adaptable values. This will require some work to make
> browser widgets automatically add their adaptable values to
> _adapterValueAttributes before calling parent's "update" method. I'm
> not sure that I'll be doing that very soon as it isn't very important.
> So this is definetely not a reason to wait with the release.
>
> One more thing I'd like to do is to add "klass" and "id" to the forms
> themselves so one could easily customize the visual appeal of the
> forms. But it's probably should be done in z3c.formui's subclasses and
> not in z3c.form's base classes. I'd like to hear the community opinion
> on that though.

All nice to have. :-) I would not block the release because of it.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter