[Zope-dev] Translations for zope packages.

Dan Korostelev nadako at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 07:10:34 EST 2009

2009/2/10 Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com>:

> +1 also to have a way to *see* the translations as a single whole, with
> the possibility to define a message id that is used by many packages.

I'm not sure about the last thing. Message objects are bound to one
translation domain, so the translation will be looked up only for that
domain. However, we could provide some fallback translation domain as
well.

> I'm not sure I get all the details. One question is whether packages
> that don't have any ZMI (such as zope.container) actually need
> translations at all? Should it define message ids at all? And if it
> does, wouldn't it be the job of the application that exposes these
> message ids to actually offer translations?

I believe that it's often useful to have standard translations that
can be used out of the box and not making application developers have
to translate them every time. But it should be really easy for
applications to override them, so we'll have to work on that.

--
WBR, Dan Korostelev